[WikiEN-l] Reply to Tony on advocacy - resend with new title

julieharding1 at charter.net julieharding1 at charter.net
Fri May 5 19:19:45 UTC 2006

---- Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 5 May 2006 10:58:15 -0600, you wrote:
>
> >There is a bit of talking by one another here. Reasoned polite
> >advocacy of policy positions is welcomed. Tendentious biased editing
> >(especially when you are working in a group) is not. However, there
> >are numerous situations where which is occurring is not immediately
> >clear. Often the touchstone is that the nasty behavior goes on and on
> >and on and on and on and at some point you realize you are engaging
> >in deliberate behavior calculated to subvert neutral point of view
> >(or in some other way create some tendency which simply doesn't
> >belong in a reference work.
>
> Yes, I suspect we are in violent agreement.  It probably comes down to
> how one understands advocacy: I understand it as a point of view
> forcefully put, whereas on Wikipedia I rather prefer a case simply
> stated and consensus sought.  But there is more than one shade of the
> colour advocado.
>
> Guy (JzG)
> --
> http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG

> Good Afternoon Guy,
  I had fully intended to just come to this address today and delete anything that came from Wikipedia, due to the way I was treated last night.  Are those people administration, or are they just faking it?  If they are supposed to be behaving professionally , they sure did not do so last night.  Ask Phil and Mark what happened.  I saved their emails if your are interested in the disgusting way they are representing your enterprise.  I am only here for my love and devotion for the english language and writing.  I want to be able to help people who need advice.  I did not come online last night to get in a word-fight with a couple of ignorant, mean men who had absolutely no idea of who and what they were dealing with.