[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against vote-stacking

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Thu May 4 21:47:13 UTC 2006

> Now, the right thing to do here, and what used to work, is that our
> bridge expert writes a few sentences:  "This is an important bridge, and
> part of an ongoing project we have in the bridges area to flesh out
> articles on the top 1,000 longest bridges in the world.  This one is
> currently ranked 797.  May not seem important to you, but we have
> verifiable sources and are planning to fill these stubs in over the next
> 6-9 months.  Thanks."

Wouldn't it be better for this guy to add a couple of sentences *to
the article* explaining the significance of the bridge?  Anyone can
recognise that "3rd largest bridge in the county of Borkshire" is at
least somewhat notable. All the claims that you make above should be
made in the article, or at the very least in a related Wikiproject. I
don't think it's reasonable to expect AfD voters to carry this kind of
meta Wikipedia content in their heads - it ought to be recorded for it
to count somewhere.

And yes, I feel bad for disagreeing with you, Jimbo :)

Steve