[WikiEN-l] Cyde should not have violated Deletion policy (

John Tex johntexster at gmail.com
Thu May 4 06:51:01 UTC 2006

On 5/3/06, wikien-l-request at wikipedia.org

> From: Ben McIlwain <cydeweys at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Cyde should not have violated Deletion policy
>         (Johntex)
> To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l at Wikipedia.org>
>

> I didn't "close" the debate so much as I "canceled" it.  My "vote", as
> you mention, was to cancel it ... and then a minute after that I
> realized I could go through with what I said should be done.

Unfortunately, this misses the point.  Whether you called it a "closure" or
"cancellation" or a "stoppage" or whatever.  You halted the process that a
lot of people were contributing to.  They had a right to be heard.  This
wastes a lot of time and looks like bad behavior for an admin to kill an AfD
early, especially one he has been involved in.

Johntex