[WikiEN-l] Verifiability equating to notability

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Wed May 3 11:38:48 UTC 2006

On 5/2/06, Philip Welch <wikipedia at philwelch.net> wrote:

> >> So [[Pullman, Washington]] would have detailed prose about each and
> >> every single intersection? That's absurd.
> >>
> > There's little need to deliberately present such absurd options, that
> > obviously aren't being suggested by others.
> >
> > The logical place to merge a sentence or two about an intersection
> > is into
> > the article for that route.
>
> Great. Now every city street has its own article. Imagine:

That would be incredible, but somehow I doubt there are that many
dedicated Wikipedians that it's going to happen.

Anyway, I look forward to the day when I can use Wikipedia to find out
about the local coffee shops and Linux User Groups and radio stations
and indie artists.  If that means I have to stop myself from clicking
on a link to [[Harrisburg Street, St. Petersburg]] and reading about
the width of the sidewalks, it's well worth it.

Otherwise, if you can think of some way that Wikipedia can allow
what's interesting to me but not allow what I personally find to be
"cruft", without boring me with the nearly impossible task of going
through every VFD discussion myself, I'd love to hear it.

Anthony