[WikiEN-l] Cruft

Jesse W jessw at netwood.net
Wed May 3 09:03:42 UTC 2006

On May 3, 2006, at 1:27 AM, Pete Bartlett wrote:
>> It is not amazing.  Most people do not feel the need to continue to
>> respond to questions about their contributions to Wikipedia after they
>> have contributed them.  This is unsurprising.
>
>> I throughly oppose a requirement to notify people who have expressed
>> (through not using their watchlists) a desire not to continue
>> discussing their contributions.
>
> That is breathtaking arrogant Jesse.
I apologize for coming across as arrogant.  Reading it over, I can see
how it can be read that way, and I'll try to be more humble in my
comments in the future.

>  A sizeable proportion of AfDed articles
> are written by anonymous contributors.
Even though creating articles without logging in has been disallowed
for months now?  How is this possible?  Do the few articles made
through [[Wikipedia:Articles for creation]] get nominated to AfD so
often?

> Are you frightened that if contributors get involved we might actually
> have to keep some of the articles?!
No, actually, I'm not. Thanks for asking, though. In fact, many
contributors to AfD'd articles *do* get involved in AfD, and many
articles listed at AfD *are* kept, already.  As for my personal views,
I'm quite a strong inclusionist, myself.

Thanks for the discussion, and I look forward to further replies,

Jesse Weinstein