[WikiEN-l] Cruft

Pete Bartlett pcb21 at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 08:27:09 UTC 2006

>Er. [[WP:OWN]]?  Images are an exception, as nearly all images are the
>work of one or two people at most.  Articles are not.  Articles can,
>and often are, watched.  Wikipedians ought to pay attention to their
>watchlists if they wish to express opinions about their contributions.

The vast majority of AfDed articles are very new and have just one author.

>> It is amazing how often AfD debates
>> do not benefit from the opinion of the original creator.

>It is not amazing.  Most people do not feel the need to continue to
>respond to questions about their contributions to Wikipedia after they
>have contributed them.  This is unsurprising.

>I throughly oppose a requirement to notify people who have expressed
>(through not using their watchlists) a desire not to continue
>discussing their contributions.

That is breathtaking arrogant Jesse. A sizeable proportion of AfDed articles
are written by anonymous contributors. They don't even have watchlists!

Are you frightened that if contributors get involved we might actually
have to keep some of the articles?!

Pcb21