[WikiEN-l] Cruft

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Wed May 3 08:25:02 UTC 2006

Joe Anderson wrote:

> How about a RfC in cruft in general?

"Removal of Cruft" is a Frequently Proposed Policy, and usually boils down
to "get rid of all this stupid popular culture...Wikipedia should be a
serious encyclopedia talking about serious stuff" by which the proposed
almost always means *their* stuff.

I have a mantra which I feel might be helpful here: you don't visit an
encyclopedia to find out about stuff you already knew, you go to find out
about stuff you DIDN'T already know.

Given that some of the AfD regulars make themselves out to be experts on
just about every subject under the sun, that might be a tall order, but we
should make it our mission to make it possible :-)
--
Phil
Maybe I should add that to the list of motto suggestions, or has that been