[WikiEN-l] NPOV majorities/minorities

Cheney Shill halliburton_shill at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 01:21:36 UTC 2006

Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net> wrote: On May 2, 2006, at 10:25 AM, Cheney Shill (Pro-Lick) wrote:

> This regards Undue weight part of NPOV:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
> Wikipedia:Neutral_point_of_view#Undue_weight

Sometimes the quality of the sources may differ substantially with
one source representing scholarly opinion, the other reflecting
popular culture.
Fred

I definitely agree.  However, that's not the problem in this scenario.  I didn't intend this to be an RfA exam test question. From the responses I've gotten so far, I probably should clarify, but it also shows the great deal of ambiguity I mentioned regarding determining the majority/minority POV.

Restated:
 *View Moo has 3 sources that support it.
  *View Bark has 15 sources that support it.
 Under the assumptions that the sources are all independent of each other, all of equal quality, and they have already been discussed thoroughly and agreed upon as the sources that should be used to write a section of an article, which, if either, is the majority view that will be presented to the greatest extent in the section?  Should either not be presented?