[WikiEN-l] Cruft

Alphax (Wikipedia email) alphasigmax at gmail.com
Tue May 2 16:06:33 UTC 2006

Joe Anderson wrote:
> On 5/2/06, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
>> Joe Anderson wrote:
>>> I'm trying to simply ask for opinions as to whether or not calling
>> something
>>> cruft is uncivil. I'm sure the majority of AfDers would agree with me,
>>> though I'm sure many editors would disagree.
>>>
>> I consider "-cruft" to be highly uncivil and IMO it also tends to be a
>> good indicator that whoever's using the term doesn't have a strong
>> argument to support his case for deletion beyond a personal lack of
>> interest in the subject matter. I'm not an AfDer, though, and I suspect
>> this philosophy is one of the reasons _why_ I'm not.
>>
> As said, I did not realise the term could be seen as uncivil, perhaps
> you could assume good faith in not only the new member but in me?

Firstly, you found an organisation called "Community Justice", which you
are the chairman of, and claim to be "promoting civility". Then, you go
and nominate an article for deletion (http://tinyurl.com/numt2) with the
declaration that the article is "listcruft". Then, you dismiss the
creator's objection with the terse statement "Only 91 edits. This is
first to this namespace" (http://tinyurl.com/rega7).

I called you a hypocrite because you founded an organisation to promote
civility, and then you use that to defend your behaviour. It's pretty
hard to assume good faith on your part.