[WikiEN-l] The onward march of the meaning of "original research"

Pete Bartlett pcb21 at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 11:51:02 UTC 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: geni <geniice at gmail.com>
>I know that policy wonks appear to
>have replaced deletionists as the people to blame for everything but
>it is worth remebering that they do want to see wikipedia suceed they
>just see a slightly different root.

Well the deletionists have won the war so we have to move on ;).

Just because everyone wants to see Wikipedia succeed doesn't mean
everyone is equally helpful to the project. After a while contributing
policy becomes a lot easier than contributing content and because
we are all here as hobbyists there is a natural inclination to do the
easier thing whilst still "helping" Wikipedia. Thus there is a natural
tendency to go down the wrong "root".

Pete

p.s. Yes I do appreciate the irony of chatting on a policy mailing
list whilst moaning about policy, but it has to be done :).