[WikiEN-l] OSINT press release

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Fri Jul 7 08:01:14 UTC 2006

Cobb,

> Jesse W wrote:
>
>> And, for "vandalism", it still is.  For misguided people - it has
>> always been discussion until either the misguided people change
>> their minds or enough other people get fed up, then more or less
>> forceful requests to leave.
>
> There are no such things as page creation vandals? How interesting.
> Do please expand on this fascinating new insight into what is
> currently happening on WIkipedia?

Pages created solely as vandalism can be, and almost always are,
speedied at will be any administrator.  Those that are mistakenly
nominated on AfD are generally speedy closed and deleted, but on rare
occasions we have seen vandal-created pages go through the AfD process
fully before being deleted.  In all cases: speedy, early-close AfD,
process-followed AfD, whatever, the article is deleted.

I find it very hard to believe that you have *ever* nominated an article
for AfD and seen it kept, either by AfD or DRV.  Please don't bullshit
us, it's very tiresome.

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"