[WikiEN-l] A total loss of perspective

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 23:38:34 UTC 2006

This quote from Danny is highly entertaining (from [[Talk:Harry Reid]]):

" It will be included in the article, but it will be included with the
proper perspective, so that someone reading the article about Harry
Reid 100 years from now will get a comprehensive overview of the man's
life and career, and not just speculation or the headlines of February
2006. "

So far as I know, articles on Wikipedia continue to get edited on a
regular basis; i.e. some changes may happen to the article in the next
100 years (though the way Jimbo and Danny are acting, maybe it
won't!).

So I'm not sure why Danny is worried about trying to get the article
perfectly "right" for a mythical 100-year-from-now viewer.

Or does he have a time machine he's not letting the rest of us know about?

This note: "The page is protected again. Reid's people did not
threaten legal action. I will not go into the reasons here."

was also pretty unfathomably rude.

So much for respect for fellow editors. I guess some people are just
more equal than others.