[WikiEN-l] Username block (was Admin Abuse)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 11:06:09 UTC 2006

Herr Goebbles wrote:

>  The Wikipedia user:  HerrGoebbles, has been blocked by Wiki Admin
>MarkSweep, whose reasons given were dislike of my user name ( because I
>am German?) maybe due to MarkSweep claiming to be a former US Marine, he
>considers me to be an enemy.

I blocked one username of [[User:DrMengele]], offering to unblock if
he could offer proof of his name and his doctorate ... instead, he
picked another name and (as far as I know) is editing happily. I'm
afraid names of famous Nazis or names close to those are too popular
with pranksters and tend to get blocked on sight.

- d.