[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's destiny

Travis Mason-Bushman travis at gpsports-eng.com
Wed Feb 22 10:00:17 UTC 2006

On 2/21/06 10:41 PM, "Geoff Burling" <llywrch at agora.rdrop.com> wrote:

> If the findings of
> the court were accurate, then he knew what he was doing: coercing
> another person to being groped.

I really didn't want to fuel this fire, but here goes. So, what? Lots of
people are convicted of groping other people every day in the United States.
Does that means] that every person who's ever been convicted of a minor sex
offense should have their biography on Wikipedia simply because we can print
what the government said about them? Is this Wikisexoffenderregistry?

The fact is that the quantity of verifiable attention paid to this person
outside YTMND and other such joke forums is so infinitesmally small as to be
practically equivalent to zero. As has been endlessly pointed out, there are
no verifiable, NPOV recountings of this person's life. We have no
information about his crime, we have no information about his life, we have
no information about him period. The only source that can be cited is
Snopes, and while Snopes might be a great source for urban legends like the
rocket car dude, it's of questionable value when talking about a
[[WP:BLP|living person]].

Basically, all that we can can verifiably write about Mr. Peppers is that he
exists, that he was convicted of committing some unknown minor sex offense
and that his photo was mocked by Internet dimwits. That doesn't add up to
Wikipedia material in my book.

-FCYTravis