[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's destiny

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Wed Feb 22 09:16:03 UTC 2006

Steve Bennett wrote:

>Just on the notability thing, I wonder if BP will really stack up well
>on the "ten years from now" test. Sure, he's interesting *now*, but in
>2016?

Depends on who you are, and what you consider "interesting".  If the
year is 2016 and you're researching internet culture of the first decade
of the 21st century, I'd imagine you might find it interesting.

Wikipedia already has plenty of uninteresting-to-me bits of pop-culture
trivia from previous decades, but they may well be of interest to people
who research or otherwise have an interest in such things.  I haven't
heard of most of the television shows on [[List of television shows
canceled after one episode]], for example, and don't really care to, but
I'm glad we cover them, and in fact it would be nice if fewer of them
were red links.

-Mark