[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's destiny

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 09:00:11 UTC 2006

On 2/22/06, Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> Ben Emmel wrote:
> Whether someone wants an article or not does and should not have any
> relevant whatsoever.  [[en:Star Wars kid]], another internet fad,
> doesn't want an article either, but there you have one.  Brian Peppers
> is a less well-known internet fad, but still certainly at the level
> where he would warrant inclusion in any more than cursary treatment of
> the subject.

Just on the notability thing, I wonder if BP will really stack up well
on the "ten years from now" test. Sure, he's interesting *now*, but in
2016?

On the treatment of deformities as WP articles, see [[Joseph
Merrick]]. There's someone who didn't seem to achieve anything notable
that wasn't directly related to his deformity.

Steve