[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's destiny

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 03:01:41 UTC 2006

On 2/22/06, Joshua Griisser <JDGRII8338 at ngcsu.edu> wrote:
> I'm almost speechless with rage at Jimbo's unilateral deletion of the encyclopedia article >[[Brian Peppers]] -

I belive the formal aproach is to complain about "damned deletionists"

>not to mention his locking (via [[User:Danny]] and [[WP:OFFICE]]) of
[[Harry Reid]] for >*five days*.

Yeah I don't get that back when the helpdesk recived such complaints
we talk to the people made such edits as were required while staying
with in the normal editing process then moved on (with the exception
of newsmax where I  made the mistake of telling them they could edit
wikipedia which resulted in a revert war and the evential blocking of
one newsmax employee). It seemed to work mostly.

> As I feared, userboxes have proven to be the canary in the coal mine. Now it's >articlespace that is being jerked around.
>
> Wikipedia ultimately must decide whether it wants to be Jimbo's personal fiefdom, or be >"the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit". The two are clearly mutually exclusive at >this point.

Jimbo can't keep track of all the wikis. However any attempt to define
Brian Peppers as a species will be resisted.

--
geni