[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's destiny

Joshua Griisser JDGRII8338 at NGCSU.EDU
Wed Feb 22 02:41:03 UTC 2006

I'm almost speechless with rage at Jimbo's unilateral deletion of the encyclopedia article [[Brian Peppers]] - not to mention his locking (via [[User:Danny]] and [[WP:OFFICE]]) of [[Harry Reid]] for *five days*.

As I feared, userboxes have proven to be the canary in the coal mine. Now it's articlespace that is being jerked around.

Wikipedia ultimately must decide whether it wants to be Jimbo's personal fiefdom, or be "the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit". The two are clearly mutually exclusive at this point.