[WikiEN-l] Jimbo and his strategy

Philip Welch wikipedia at philwelch.net
Sun Feb 19 21:35:45 UTC 2006

> So basically what you're saying is because Jimbo Wales is busy running
> things on the WMF board, then the userboxes should stay?
>
> That's a pretty weak argument.
>
> By your logic, if Jimbo can't write articles, why does he make us
> do them
> and then get in trouble with the press when controversial issues
> arise? If
> he can't do them himself, they should stay unwritten.

I think his argument, (and if it isn't, it's possibly a stronger
argument), is that it's not up to certain un-named admins to delete
userboxes on Jimbo's behalf, based only on their interpretation of
Jimbo's statements on the issue, because if Jimbo really wanted
userboxes to go he'd say so.

--
Philip L. Welch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Philwelch