[WikiEN-l] Jimbo and his strategy

Ilya N. ilyanep at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 21:28:45 UTC 2006

So basically what you're saying is because Jimbo Wales is busy running
things on the WMF board, then the userboxes should stay?

That's a pretty weak argument.

By your logic, if Jimbo can't write articles, why does he make us do them
and then get in trouble with the press when controversial issues arise? If
he can't do them himself, they should stay unwritten.

On 2/19/06, STEFAN CLAUDIU TIULEA <wizzard_bane at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I said the same thing on Kelly's talkpage, but
> MegamanZero removed my message and warned to block me
> for trolling.
>
> I think that you guys should stop doing Jimbo'w work.
> If he wants the userboxes gone, let him do it. It's
> not like he's doing something else -- like working on
> articles. I think that Jimbo doesn't want to give
> concrete orders on this issue because he knows that
> his decission would make him unpopular to many.
> Instead, he gives a few hints on what should be done
> and lets other people, like Kelly Martin, to do the
> work. Jimbo, either you want the userboxes removed --
> and make it happen -- or you do not. Until you decide,
> the userboxes should stay. Why should the community
> busy itself on debating about this week after week,
> and causing people to be more confused and frustated
> about it?

~Ilya N.
http://w3stuff.com/ilya/ (My website; DarkLordFoxx Media)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Ilyanep (on Wikipedia)