[WikiEN-l] An emotive plea for unblocking

Theresa Knott theresaknott at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 12:41:16 UTC 2006

> I take this to mean that registered users are also blocked if their IP
> address is blocked.

Yep that's exactly what happens.

>Is this desirable? Can it be changed?

Personally i would like the option to be able to unblock registered
users if thier find their IP blocked without unblocking everyone else
I have no idea if it's possible though.

Admins should bear in mind collateral damage like this though when
blocking. Shared IPs should be dealt with by reverting. Blocking
should only be used in emergency situations and the block should be
short. An hour is usually enough IMO. I know you all know this already
but it doesn't hurt to remind ourselves now and then.

Theresa