[WikiEN-l] Tracking banned user Andrew Morrow

Steven Ericsson Zenith steven at semeiosis.com
Wed Feb 15 22:20:51 UTC 2006

I see a number of serious problems with this approach.

I believe there is a copyright issue since my taking "good edits" and
remaking them in your name you are guilty of plagiarism.  You are not
actually deriving anything as the GFDL allows and you are not correctly
attributing as the GFDL requires.  Conversely, you are actually
deceiving readers about the source of the material and misrepresenting
your own authority.

I would assume that if the policy is to role back all edits from a
banner editor that the best solution is to apply the policy and expect
that independent contributors will take up the slack.

With respect
Steven
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:StevenZenith