[WikiEN-l] Arbcom has completely lost its mind

charles matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 11 18:53:32 UTC 2006

"Conrad Dunkerson" wrote

> The 'bad actors' in this were largely following what were, in truth, the
> established norms... but were then judged against standards which simply
> did not exist at the time they made their decisions. That is capricious
> and inherently destructive.

No, no.  There has to be a connection with a reality principle: bad
judgement leads to consequences.  Otherwise we cannot get on with the big
project.  'Capricious' is managing to look down the telescope the wrong way.
There has _always_ been the principle that 'be bold' applies to editing, but
admin powers are to use with great caution.  I mean, this goes back to the
days Larry Sanger was on the project!

Charles