[WikiEN-l] [[WP:PROD]] - a lightweight deletion process

Alphax (Wikipedia email) alphasigmax at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 06:33:42 UTC 2006

Philip Welch wrote:
>>> That's impossible--PROD can't handle contested deletions, only
>>> uncontested.
>>

>> Any particular reason why?
>

> All you need to stop PROD is one person to remove the tag. In a
> dispute, people would edit war over the PROD tag until finally  settling
> down and having a consensus-finding discussion—i.e.,  engaging in the
> AfD process.
>
> This is why PROD is only a partial replacement. That said, we can
> reform AfD so that we don't launch headfirst into the voting (yes.
> VOTING)  process and actually discuss our concerns first, with the  help
> of an impartial admin-facilitator whose job is to carry out the
> ultimate decision. This sounds laborious but if PROD can handle most  of
> the load we can spare the resources.

A few thoughts on the matter:

- Complementary to the {{prod}} tag is {{prod-2}}, which says "I agree
with this nomination".

- For articles that have been tagged with {{prod}}, but the deletion is
disputed for reasons which cannot immediately be expressed in the
article, {{hangon}} (currently used to contest CSDs)

- Inspired by DFA, AfD should be changed from 7 days of voting to 5 days
of *discussion* followed by 2 days of /straw polling/; remember,
[[m:Voting is evil|]].