[WikiEN-l] [[WP:PROD]] - a lightweight deletion process

Philip Welch wikipedia at philwelch.net
Sat Feb 11 02:38:45 UTC 2006

>>> Any particular reason why?
>>
>> All you need to stop PROD is one person to remove the tag. In a
>> dispute, people would edit war over the PROD tag until finally
>> settling down and having a consensus-finding discussion—i.e.,
>> engaging in the AfD process.
>
> You are aware that bald reversion is not allowed and that rules like
> [[WP:3RR]] -- or any admin with sense -- will stop it, right? Do
> you know
> that this is exactly the same kind of canned non-objection that an
> uninitiated person makes against the very idea of an encyclopedia that
> anyone can edit?

Right—and the reason we're disallowed from edit warring is because we
make those decisions from consensus-finding discussions, which is the
entire part of what I said that you just completely ignored in favor
of making a personal attack. Charming.

--
Philip L. Welch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Philwelch