[WikiEN-l] More AfD toxicity

Keith Old keithold at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 23:06:09 UTC 2006

On 2/11/06, Stan Shebs <shebs at apple.com> wrote:

> Steve Bennett wrote:
>

> >Hi,
> >  What I see wrong in this process is that the original author
> >couldn't/wasn't willing to "save" the article.  This seems like the
> >right order of events in these situations:
> >

> >Author writes hacky article
> >RC patrol tags it as crap
> >Author sees it tagged, sighs with indignation, removes tag, keeps
> working.
> >
> Current process doesn't allow for that however - once afd tag is
> added, it's supposed to stay on until all the randoms get a chance
> to vote on the article in its unfinished state. Even if you fix up
> the article, most people don't go back and update their votes.
> Even worse, if the vote is to delete, people will point to that as
> a reason not to re-create a completed article later.
>
> Stan

When I fix an article, I tell the people who have voted delete, if most of
the votes are in favour  of delete. Most people change their vote. I am yet
to be convinced that AfD is particularly toxic given that any possible
process will mean that articles that people have worked will end up being
deleted and will get upset.

Having said that, the proposed deletion system is working well.

Regards

Keith Old

Keith Old
User:Capitalistroadster