[WikiEN-l] More AfD toxicity

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Fri Feb 10 22:44:48 UTC 2006

Steve Bennett wrote:

>Hi,
>  What I see wrong in this process is that the original author
>couldn't/wasn't willing to "save" the article.  This seems like the
>right order of events in these situations:
>
>Author writes hacky article
>RC patrol tags it as crap
>Author sees it tagged, sighs with indignation, removes tag, keeps working.

Current process doesn't allow for that however - once afd tag is
added, it's supposed to stay on until all the randoms get a chance
to vote on the article in its unfinished state. Even if you fix up
the article, most people don't go back and update their votes.
Even worse, if the vote is to delete, people will point to that as
a reason not to re-create a completed article later.

Stan