[WikiEN-l] Arbcom has completely lost its mind

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Feb 10 08:01:11 UTC 2006

Justin Cormack wrote:

> On 8 Feb 2006, at 22:10, Sam Korn wrote:
>
>> I'd go as far as saying that all content saying that someone breaks US
>> law should be forbidden as well.
>
> Why? Not only do we have articles about people who have broken US (and
> other countries) law, we can expect contributors who have too. After
> all [[Civil disobedience]] is important, just to mention one thing.
> I dont expect most people who have broken US law to write about the
> laws they have broken and be irredeemably NPOV. In fact I wonder how
> many excellent contributors we have in prison - it is contributions
> that count (in fact if I was incarcerated at Her Majesty's Pleasure
> right now it would give me far more time to work on wikipedia -
> maybe I should go and rob a bank).

Free room and board can save you a lot of worries.

I'm glad to hear that when you are working for Her Majesty that way you
are allowed to spend your time constructively.  Some countries,
including ones which still have the death penalty, would prefer not to
have rehabilitation interfere with the society's thirst for revenge.

Ec