[WikiEN-l] No more blocking people for who they *are*?

charles matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 8 13:58:45 UTC 2006

Jimmy Wales wrote

> And what about the guy who says "I am a Nazi Party member, and I am here
> to make sure that the POV that Jews are evil is properly represented in
> the encyclopedia"... or the guy who says "I am a pedophile, and I edit
> articles related to pedophilia to make sure that the articles show how
> healthy it is."

I find it pretty interesting that these hypotheticals all seem to have a
common 'structure', although of course some are more emotive than others.

Wikipedian: WP works because of positive feedback: people edit, they get a
rep here for being NPOV or POV, WP gets a rep because NPOV editors do credit
to it, more people come.

Outsider/Lobbyist: You know, that looks hard to do.  I can improve your
reputation for 'balance', today, by coming to your site and being an
advocate.

Charles