[WikiEN-l] No more blocking people for who they *are*?

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 07:22:27 UTC 2006

On 2/8/06, Conrad Dunkerson <conrad.dunkerson at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Bomb 'jokes' are illegal because they create a risk of panic which could
> lead to injuries. Ditto shouting 'fire' in a crowded theater unless it
> actually is on fire. Likewise verbal plans or exhortations to commit
> criminal acts. Everything else is 'free speech' and allowed in most
> countries.

I quite specifically said I thought it was ok to block someone for
trolling. If someone lets slip, in the midst of editing an article on
a WWII aircraft, that they like small boys, no harm done. If someone
creates a mass argument by publicly declaring with a userbox that
they're a pedophile, block them (as Jimbo did) for disruptive
trolling.

There's no particular right to free speech in Wikipedia user pages
that I'm aware of.

Steve