[WikiEN-l] No more blocking people for who they *are*?

Peter Mackay peter.mackay at bigpond.com
Tue Feb 7 23:32:25 UTC 2006

> From: wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org
> [mailto:wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org] On Behalf Of W. Guy Finley

> Umm, no.  Some things just aren't funny -- try going into an
> airport and joking about having a bomb and see how far your
> "I was just joking!" excuse gets while you're being cuffed
> and hauled to jail.  "Joking" that you are a pedophile is no
> different in my mind.

In this case, he may have been serious. The guy identifies as "16-ish".
Isn't he allowed to have feelings for others of a similar age? Describing
himself as a "paedophile" might have been unwise, but not necessarily
anything we should run around being headless chickens over.

Pete, acting like a grown-up