[WikiEN-l] The Counter Vandalism Unit? Whaa?

Jay Converse supermo0 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 05:55:07 UTC 2006

On 2/4/06, The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/4/06, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 2/4/06, The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Oh, do explain, please, or point me to a reference.
> > >
> > Some things are better left alone.
>
> If you're not going to explain, please don't mention it obliquely.
>

> > > Why is that strange?
> >
> > Well it isn't consistent with your claims is it.
>
> Ack, you've stripped the context here. Other people have posted in
> this thread complaining that every so often people complain about the
> CVU. I'm evidently not the first.
>
> > > I have, often.
> >

> > As far as I can tell none of your edits this year are consistent with
> > RC patrol or simular.
> >

> Nope! Try 2001-2002. There's a reason I was put on the arbcom.
> Actually, there are a bunch, mainly because I'm a pain in the ass
> about trying to figure out a better way to do things than the status
> quo.

Nope! Try reading the "this year" part of the sentence.  I highly doubt
vandalfighting 3-4 years ago has much traction compared to the volume and
strategies of vandals today.  This is part of the problem, I think.  The
method of fighting it is attempting to change, but is being met with
resistance because "We didn't do it that way when we were doing it!"

--
Jay Converse
I'm not stupid, just selectively ignorant.