[WikiEN-l] The Counter Vandalism Unit? Whaa?

Guettarda guettarda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 21:37:59 UTC 2006

On 2/3/06, Sam Korn <smoddy at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>

> I ask those who support the CVU: 1) how does it help Wikipedia in ways
> that a non-organisational structure couldn't? and 2) is the good it
> does really more significant than the dislike it creates among other
> Wikipedians?
>
> --
> Sam

1. I'd hazard a guess that the CVU builds a spirit of community among people
who want to focus on fighting vandalism and gives recognition to an
essential task which really gets very little recognition
2. Dislike it creates?  Seriously?  I wasn't aware of any until this thread
popped up (as opposed to people who have issues with Cool Cat).

Ian