[WikiEN-l] The Counter Vandalism Unit? Whaa?

Chris Jenkinson chris at starglade.org
Fri Feb 3 19:12:47 UTC 2006

Stan Shebs wrote:
> If you have a solution that's not based on wishful thinking,
> convince us that it's workable; in the meantime, please stop
> throwing rocks at the people who are trying to keep this place
> from turning into a graffiti-covered restroom.

Vandalism really is a problem and I really think we should do all we can
to help out people who do the tedious grunt work such as watching RC
patrol, and writing the fantastic scripts which some people have done
which detects vandalism. Also bear in mind that the majority of people
who help out with the CVU aren't admins - and being an admin has a
number of tools which help out with dealing with vandalism (after all,
that's largely what adminship is for).

Chris

--
Chris Jenkinson
chris at starglade.org

"Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful."
  -- Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra