[WikiEN-l] The Counter Vandalism Unit? Whaa?

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 08:05:52 UTC 2006

Wikipedia's still great, I love it, but really. The Wikipedia Counter
Vandalism Unit?

Let's just strap on the jackboots and start humming Beethoven's 5th.

Silly, silly me, thinking the Wikipedia Militia was bad. They've even
got their own freaking logo! Which, if I'm not mistaken, is a gross
copyright vio.

"Semi-protection" is also something that bothers me no end. As does
the concept of needing to "semi-protect" talk pages.

Wikipedia doesn't need protection. It needs participation. It's not a
piece of china, folks.

Neither is it some kind of dystopian arcology that needs paramilitary
posses threatening people around every corner.

<crazy old guy rant>There's TOO MUCH PROCESS going on in articles
these days. Too many damn boxes!</rant>