[WikiEN-l] CSD A7

Christopher Hagar cmhagar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 11:06:53 UTC 2006

The problem with prodding new pages is if the prod is removed by the
creator, or anyone else who is more interested in showcasing their awesome
band or webcomic than in creating an encyclopedia. Prod would be essentially
meaningless if the broadest conception of "controversial" were used; almost
every article was created by someone who wanted it on Wikipedia and opposes
its removal. Changing A7 to prod would mean sending hundreds of additional
articles to AfD a week, where they will be deleted almost unanimously.