[WikiEN-l] Office actions

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 20:26:23 UTC 2006

> Alphax (Wikipedia email) wrote:
> > Given the number of people who don't understand or don't care that what
> > happens on Wikipedia can have real-world implications, a suitable degree
> > of "HERE BE DRAGONS" /is/ needed.
>
> So I agree with you about that... to a degree.
>
> The problem is that far too often, when something is tagged WP:OFFICE it
> just sits there, for months, with everyone scared to do anything.  This
> is the opposite of what is intended.
>
> --Jimbo

I'm extremely glad you came here and said this, as the impression which has
been filtering out, as I saw it, was that OFFICE meant that even senior
trusted editors had to stay hands-off unless you happened to be "In the
OFFICE loop" on a particular problem.

I agree with something I think Guy said earlier, that even having the "This
is OFFICE because of reason XYZ" descriptor on articles, rather than "It's
OFFICE (implied don't touch)", would be a huge improvement.

I am perfectly willing to help with problem articles, IF I know what the
problem is and I won't get yelled at or blocked for doing so.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com