[WikiEN-l] First fair use criterium

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Thu Dec 7 19:45:36 UTC 2006

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> > Unless you want to commit a felony and stalk them, it's pretty much
> > impossible to get non-fair use images for small time actors who don't visit
> > premieres or award ceremonies.
> The dozens of celbs (major and minor) uploaded to commons by user
> Towpilot serves as a fine counter example.

That only proves he can get pictures of dozens of celebrities.

Unless you have some reason to believe that those dozens are typical of
celebrities in general and it's as easy to get pictures of the rest as it
is to get pictures of those, it proves nothing.

I can walk into a bookstore and come out with a stack of $1 books.  Does that
mean that given any particular book, you can probably find it for $1?