[WikiEN-l] Introducing a new mailing list

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 4 18:55:24 UTC 2006

--- Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unlike affirmative action which can at least be argued to be a
> mechanism to reduce bigotry by encouraging collaboration, I see no
> fair justification for this act of segregation.
>
> If the opportunity had existed, I would have implored the board to
> refuse to allow the foundation's resources to be used for this sexist
> mailing list but I was not given such an opportunity.  I do, however,
> still have the ability to call on the rest of our community to reject
> it as thoroughly as possible.

I'm not overjoyed by the "females-only" thing either, so how about we call on
the WikiChix to open up their fora to both genders? I feel it's a little
premature to start lobbying for them to be hurled from the Foundation's
hosting. Wikipedia stands to benefit from initiatives that make it more
female-friendly.

-- Matt

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Matt_Crypto
Blog: http://cipher-text.blogspot.com