[WikiEN-l] Introducing a new mailing list

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Mon Dec 4 17:12:10 UTC 2006

Angela wrote:
> It's this sort of "get over it" attitude that dissuades people from
> wanting to join this discussion. The sexism, discrimination, and bias
> present in the Wikipedia community isn't something to "get over".

This statement implicitly assumes that there _is_ sexism, discrimination
and bias present in the Wikipedia community. That's begging the
question. I've never seen it, and considering it's a rare thing when I
actually know what the gender of another editor is I have trouble
figuring out how it would even be practical.