[WikiEN-l] Introducing a new mailing list

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Dec 4 11:21:11 UTC 2006

This is a positive initiative. I have only one issue with it, which is
that the mailing list is on Wikimedia's servers, while the wiki is
not. While we all trust you, of course, to do the right thing, as a
matter of fair play towards others with similar ideas, it might be
sensible to either host the list separately, or to move the wiki to
Wikimedia's servers. Users might also be confused when they subscribe
to a Wikimedia mailing list but their Wikimedia username doesn't work
on the wiki (I'm speaking about the hypothetical post-single login
world ;-).

If I was a woman I would probably start a long thread about being
referred to as a  member of the genus "chix," but I'm not, so I'll
leave that to the "chix" to figure out. :-)
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

Member, Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees

DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise stated, all views or opinions expressed
in this message are solely my own and do not represent an official
position of the Wikimedia Foundation or its Board of Trustees.