[WikiEN-l] Well darn, Pokemon is important after all.

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 15:07:34 UTC 2006

On 8/31/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/30/06, Neil Harris <neil at tonal.clara.co.uk> wrote:
> > On day 3, they were all multiples of 1000/3
> >
> > On day 4, they are all multiples of 1000/4...
>
> I swear there's a pattern, but damned if I can figure it out...

See my post above.

What I said was that I would think that the script extrapolates the
number of hits per page by multiplying the actual hits by the number
used to set the sample frequency, 5000. It then divides by the number
of days so far in the collection period (a month) to get hits per day.

That is, the script works out the number of hits per month, which is
always going to be a multiple of 1000. Then it divides by the number
of days in that month for which there is data.

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com