[WikiEN-l] Well darn, Pokemon is important after all.

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Wed Aug 30 13:57:30 UTC 2006

>> Interesting. I am surprised that "Irukandji jellyfish" came so high
>> up on the list... is there some anomoly here?
>
> ...Interesting to see how quickly our use (apparently) reacts to news
> stories. The sex-related ones - lists of porn stars etc - were consistently
> high and are now dropping; I wonder where they'll stabilise at.

It really is a case of "be careful what you wish for", isn't it?

We were quite pleased over at en.wiktionary when Leon turned
stats on there for us a couple of days previously, but the joy
is now mixed with rue as we learn that among our most popular
entries, so far, are consistently MILF, penis, fuck, masturbate,
and breasts.

(It's true, though; clearly we'll all want to wait weeks or
months before we can imagine that the stats in general aren't
swamped by fixations du jour.)