[WikiEN-l] Policy across different languages

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Wed Aug 30 03:17:26 UTC 2006

Oskar Sigvardsson wrote:
> I think Jimbo needs to step in and talk to some bigwigs at
> ru.wikipedia.org and sort this out. Maybe even wave his magic wand if
> need be (after all, he more than anyone else has been arguing for this
> for a long time). We cannot have an encyclopedia without a
> verifiability policy, it's just not possible in the long run.

Given the translation, I'm not sure that's necessary.  It appears only a
handful of people really oppose verifiability in general, and most of
the worry is that this is going to be some draconian policy where any
uncited sentence is going to be deleted 48 hours from now or something.
I'd be inclined to see what happens and allow the community to craft
their policy, only stepping in if it goes horribly awry or something.

-Mark