[WikiEN-l] Blocking anon page creation was an experiment, wasn't it?

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Fri Aug 25 15:10:21 UTC 2006

On 8/25/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/25/06, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> > I think it is a very poor assumption to think that anything which
> > would have been created by users not logged in will find its way to
> > AfC.  In fact, I believe that the AfC process tends to filter out
> > exactly those submissions which are preferred - casual submissions by
> > someone trying to improve things, and does very little to discourage
> > people who are trying to push a viewpoint from wasting people's time.
>
> What we probably really want is a way where anon users *can* create
> articles, but that they're kept in quarantine. AfC is a very clunky
> way of achieving that.

But what would the quarantine involve?  Can people who aren't logged
in see articles in quarantine?  Who can edit articles in quarantine?
Who can delete them?  Who can take them out of quarantine?

My own thoughts on this suggest that it'd be enough to just stick a
big "WARNING: THIS WAS CREATED BY AN ANON" on the top of such articles
for a while, and keep them out of google searches.

But maybe you and certainly others see quarantine as something different.

Anthony