[WikiEN-l] Blocking anon page creation was an experiment, wasn't it?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 12:56:59 UTC 2006

On 8/25/06, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> I think it is a very poor assumption to think that anything which
> would have been created by users not logged in will find its way to
> AfC.  In fact, I believe that the AfC process tends to filter out
> exactly those submissions which are preferred - casual submissions by
> someone trying to improve things, and does very little to discourage
> people who are trying to push a viewpoint from wasting people's time.

What we probably really want is a way where anon users *can* create
articles, but that they're kept in quarantine. AfC is a very clunky
way of achieving that.

> I've especially found the AfC process to be ridiculous when I run
> across a redirect that needs to be created.

I was about to suggest that anons be allowed to create redirects, but
there would be the obvious loophole that they could edit it
afterwards. Then again, editing a redirect is pretty much creating a
new article, so maybe that should be banned anyway for anons.

Steve