[WikiEN-l] More slogans

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 09:28:44 UTC 2006

Hi all,
 I was wondering if we wanted to try and get some kind of one-sentence
slogan/summary/motto/mantra to explain exactly how authoritative
Wikipedia is and isn't, and how it should and should not be used. Two
thoughts that came to mind:

- Wikipedia is a tertiary source. (Not a primary source, not really
even a secondary source - we discuss and collate primary sources).

- Wikipedia is the first word on everything and the last word on
nothing. (We want to be the first place everyone comes to look up
*anything*, but we don't claim to be the final word on *anything*,
because we're always based on other sources which have more detail
than we do).

Comments?

Steve