[WikiEN-l] [[New anti-Semitism]] and violations of NPOV re: top image

Sarah slimvirgin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 21:51:09 UTC 2006

> We have put the image at the very top of an article titled [[New
> anti-Semitism]].
> If we aren't describing the image as an example of anti-semitism then
> it should be removed.

The image cutline shouldn't say anything beyond the basic description
of where and when taken. It is very clearly a photograph of something
that is *arguably* anti-Semitic, but there are people who think it
isn't. Similarly, we show anti-Semitic photographs taken by the
Community Security Trust (part of the body that represents the Jewish
community in England), and we show those without comment, saying only
where and when taken. There is no need to labor the point, and
sometimes it's important not to.

Sarah