[WikiEN-l] Date vandalism

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 20:00:38 UTC 2006

> block.  Unfortunately we don't have a good way of closely monitoring
> the contribs of a warned user, but thats another matter.

It would be fascinating to construct a sort of dynamic trust metric
where people have trust ratings that cause all kinds of interesting
things to happen. Anons could be given 3 out of 10, and slowly start
heading upwards if they register and keep their noses clean.
Vandalism-detection bots could take into account the trust metric to
work out if a change is likely a mistake or deliberate.

Lots of fun, but probably terrible for social harmony.

Steve