[WikiEN-l] en: well on the way to ... 2 million!

Bogdan Giusca liste at dapyx.com
Tue Aug 22 21:45:51 UTC 2006

D> For example, we have at least a basic article on every single town in
D> the U.S. (thanks to the census database) and almost all in the U.K., but
D> don't even have articles for every state or province of some countries,
D> let alone all the cities and towns.

There are a lot of cities with more than 100,000 inhabitants for which
we have no article...

Fun fact: there is a European city with 160,000 inh. having no article!

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcorc%C3%B3n

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcorc%C3%B3n

D> There are people who have been
D> president or prime minister of a sovereign country for whom we don't yet
D> have a biography.

Of course there are loads of them. Not only PM/Prez, but also a lot of
kings and other rulers.

I can guess that the number of missing incumbents is around a couple of
thousands. Many of them ruled countries of which the average
westerner never heard. :-)